What You Didn’t Know About Orgasms

You may be able to wank your way to a longer life.
post-26169-lonely-island-yolo-orgasm-gif-PrEQ (1)
Gif – Pandawhale

An orgasm a day may keep the migraine away

According to researchers, the age-old excuse of having a headache is no longer a reason to shoot down the idea of having sex. In fact, sex and the resulting orgasm, may offer better relief than over-the-counter pain killers. A study published in the March, 2013 issue of the journal Cephalalgia found that 70 percent of participants who engaged in sex at the onset of a migraine headache reported moderate to complete relief.

Concerning patients with migraines, 34% of the patients had experience with sexual activity during an attack; out of these patients, 60% reported an improvement of their migraine attack (70% of them reported moderate to complete relief) and 33% reported worsening.

Some even experienced faster relief than they would have with painkillers. The authors of the study believe that the endorphins released following an orgasm provide pain relief. Sex was less effective for a more severe form called ‘cluster headaches’. About half the cluster headache suffers said their pain worsened.

tumblr_lsin9rhCOP1qbe30io1_500 (1)
Gif – Tumblr

There’s a reason guys fall asleep after orgasm

Next time your man turns over and goes to sleep immediately after sex, don’t give him such a hard time about it. As it turns out, there’s a legitimate reason for this. Research from New York University found that during ejaculation men’s brains release a number of chemicals that promote drowsiness.

[…] During ejaculation, men release a cocktail of brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide (NO), and the hormone prolactin. The release of prolactin is linked to the feeling of sexual satisfaction, and it also mediates the “recovery time” that men are well aware of— […]

Particularly, the hormone prolactin, which is naturally higher in humans during sleep, floods the system upon ejaculation. The NYU researchers say that it’s likely this sudden flood of prolactin that causes men to feel sleepy immediately after orgasm. Oxytocin and vasopressin are two other sleep-promoting chemicals that flood the body following ejaculation. So if he doesn’t cuddle you, just cuddle him – he won’t put up much of a fight.

shortcircuiting (1)
Photo – Reactiongifs

Orgasms may help you live longer

Not only are orgasms good for your health, research suggests the more you climax, the better. Scientists looked at the relationship between how often men orgasm, and risk of death from all causes, as well as death from heart disease. The study involved close to 1,000 men who reported their orgasm frequency. Good news for you guys who spank it often, the study found that frequently climaxing lowers the risk of death by 50 percent, compared to men with low orgasm frequency. They found similar benefits for lowering the risk of heart disease. The authors hope to replicate these results, but the data suggests that you may be able to wank your way to a longer life, so have at it.

1421945230-hurry-up (1)
Gif – Cosmopolitan UK

Most women don’t climax from penetration alone

Penetration feels fantastic, but for most women, penetration alone isn’t enough to reach orgasm. This is because of the way women are built and the nerve endings that make up their sexual anatomy. According to a study published in the journal Hormones and Behavior, only 25 percent of women report being able to regularly achieve orgasm from vaginal penetration alone. The other 75 percent of women need some form of clitoral stimulation to climax.

Don’t worry, this is in no way a reflection of your technique, or lack thereof. While missionary is one of the most common positions, it’s also a challenging position for women to reach orgasm. To increase her chances of climaxing, try doggy style, or having her on top. Both positions make it easier for her to reach that earth-shattering orgasm.

54d14dc9d767a59853f6969b_keira-orgasm-3 (1)
Gif – Vanity Fair
Comments
Written by Nikki Benz

Life lesson provider, Pomeranian lover, and Adult Industry specialist. Don of the #BenzMafia.